Friday 21st March 2014 @ 1pm in Staff Common Room of DCFA, Gordon Street.
List of MT Conference InviteesEdit
Cynthia Cummings of T&T Occupational Therapy Association.
'Volunteers Needed for 'Organizational Committees:Edit
- Public Relations
- Student Volunteers
- Floor Co-ordinator
MT Conference Morning Agenda (9 am to 12 noon):
· Introduction to Music Therapy and MT Awareness through the presentation of papers.
· Inform audience on the collaboration of Music Therapy and Music Education for children with Special Needs.
· Workshops by different Music Therapists demonstrating how specific MT populations can be treated.
MT Conference Afternoon Agenda (1 pm to 4 pm):
· Group Discussions on standards of practice and code of ethics for music therapists, constitution and bylaws for the music therapy association of T&T.
· Key connections the association may need to make with other professional organizations in T&T (psychologists, occupational therapist, speech and language pathologists, etc.).
· Membership designations of certified/licensed music therapist and others using music in a therapeutic manner/environment, including students in training (looking to the future).
· Clear definitions of membership designations and privileges (if different).
MT Conference Evening Agenda – Executive/Steering Committee (4 pm to 5 pm):
· Summary of afternoon discussions and information gathered throughout the day.
· Make action plan for next steps with music therapy organization/association.
· Set date for next meeting(s) to continue working on important issues and documentation.
21st March - Budget Completed
28th March - Letters to Businesses for funding of Conference completed
26th May - Advertising Packages Completed
2nd June - Letters to Special Invities are delivered
9th June - Advertising Begins
26th July - Registration Deadline
2nd August - Logistics Completed
16th August - Conference Day esrestdy